Do you know that I love you?

Friday, May 23, 2014


During our prayer meeting on Tuesday, we were all given a quiz to do.
The result of the quiz will indicate our love languages.

Though I've heard about this for a while now but I never did any quiz to find out mine.

So, what do you think is my love language?




The sequence of the 5 love languages in this post is not random.

Let's start from the bottom.


Physical Touch

Honestly speaking I don't like people touch me!
Especially those that I'm not close with!

I will feel very uncomfortable and very irritated physically and mentally.
Most of the time, I will give that person a death stare or avoid from letting them touch me again!

Though it might be annoying to some people, but is a very good indicator.
Why so?

You can tell whether I like a person or not by the way I react to their touch.
If I feel comfortable, you know how important that person is to me.

If I'm not, that person is practically dead to me!

LOL! Joking lar~ Joking!!!

Acts of service

I will feel that people do "things" for me because is their responsibility.
I will not feel loved because someone brings me a cup of water or cook me a meal.
At most I'll think that person is being very nice and polite.

But this does not mean that I do not appreciate what others have done for me.
I think I just take it for granted.

For some reason is not in my system to see acts of service as love.

Words of affirmation

Words have put a spell on my soul.
A simple "well done" or "how are you?" can touch my heart.

But sadly technology makes words cheap.
Why so?

Because nowadays people prefers to sends messages.
Nothing wrong with that.
But with Whatsapp, you can send a huge amount of texts without paying a single cent.
And I've encounter people that send me texts like nobody's business.

"Hi! How are you?
"I heard you... ..."
"You know you should...."
"But do you ...."
If anything you just..."
"Remember that... "
"And can you please...."
"Thanks ya!"

All these texts received within a few minutes.

If I do not reply and that person keep sending me messages to bug me I can understand. 
But this, I really don't.

Because is not like I do not want to reply you.
But I need time to think what to say just in case I express myself wrongly.
And before I can finish typing my first word, I receive 2 new messages.

Excuse me, but how can this consider as a conversation when one party just talk and the other have no chance to say anything?

Words affect me more than I want it to be.
It gives me life and it takes my life as well.
As much as I feel love from words.
I feel the negative energy as well.

Words without sincerity are nothing.
Conversation without pausing is just rubbish.

Which leads me to...

Quality time

Time is something that we can never have it back.
If I give someone my time, I'm giving part of my life.

That's why to me, time is so important.

If someone refuses to spend time with me, I'll get the hint.

Spending time together does not mean we have to do something together.
Having each other as companies is good enough for me.
:]

Gifts

Ok. You can say I'm materialistic but that does not change the fact that gifts make me happieeeeee!

Little gifts can make my day.
It does not matter how big or expensive the present is.
But is the thought behind it that counts!

You can tell if someone knows you well from the gifts that they get for you.
No?

When I was younger, I always cry during my sister's birthday party.
I never understood why until I did this quiz.

Being just 2 years younger than her, I've always compared myself to sister.
Somehow seeing her receiving all those gifts makes me feel very sad and hurt.
I even remember that once I hide in my room and comfort myself by saying "why are you crying? Is her birthday! You should be happy for her... Is ok..." without understanding why I felt that way!

And now I know! Because GIFTS is my main love language!

I guess it felt like she had all the love and I had none.
LOL! So silly of me!

It got so bad that my neighbors have to bring me gifts as well even though is not my birthday!
The funny thing is, my birthday is just 6 days later after my sister's birthday! 
So when is my birthday, they get gifts for me and my sister as well!
Double the damage!
hahahahahahaha!

I think my mom felt paiseh so she solved the problem by celebrating our birthdays together. XD 
My mom is so smart larrr~

5 Love Languages

So now you know what my love language is.

But keep in mind that the language of how one receive and express love might be different.

For me, I think I receive love through gifts, but I express it through time.

Understanding each other's love language is very important.
Because people might expresses it through a language that we don't receive.

If a person keeps touching to express love towards me, I might think that the person is trying to fool around.
We might misunderstand each other just because we don't speak the same love language!

Get to know how the people you love receive love, and give accordingly!

So, what's your love language?

No comments :

Post a Comment