Sisterhood 1.0

Tuesday, August 19, 2014


Sorry for my super short not really counted as blog posts updates.

No, I wasn't busy. I just was away.
Even that is not a good enough reason since there isn't many "fake" updates last month when I was away most of the time.

Last weekend, we had our very first sisterhood gathering.
I wasn't aware of the number of people involved until Oyan told me that there were 17 of us just hours before the gathering.
Honestly speaking, I was taken away by the amount of people.
I felt super uncomfortable that all of the sudden I have 16 more sisters.

When I reached there and there are only a handful of us, I was ok.
But when the crowd became bigger and bigger, I started to feel very uncomfortable.
When the gathering started "officially" I became very quiet.
I didn't talk much but I just sat next to Shirley and listen to all of their conversations.

After filling our belly with food, Shirley gathered us all to sit in a circle and ask us to share with each other about our lives.
Some shared their life as a pregnant lady, some shared their life as a new wife and some shared life as a new couple.
Some shared what God had been doing, some shared what God had done and some shared some jokes.
It was... well... nice.

It felt scary yet nice.

Shirley then share to us that we ought to deal with our feelings.
She told us that being a Christian is not about being nice but being REAL.
And she ends the whole gathering with a prayer.

While she was praying, I was talking to God.
God told me that this is a chance for me to experience again friendship among a group of friends and He ask me to enjoy it.
But I was afraid. With lots of failed friendships, wounds and scars, I am afraid of getting too involved in making friends and opening up my life.

But God gave me a beautiful vision.

I saw a child running around among strangers.
He was just being himself and exploring the unknown.
He was without shame or fear.
Not because he will not get hurt, but because he knows that if something happen and he got hurt, his mom is just around the corner waiting to comfort him.

And that was what God want for me.
He wants me to freely be me and enjoy the friendships that He gave, not because He guarantees it would not hurt.
But He guarantees He will be there if it hurts.

: ] 


No comments :

Post a Comment