Connected

Monday, September 22, 2014


The feelings I have towards my iPhone is same as the felling I have towards lizard.

I know it have its benefits but I hate the fact that they are intruding my personal space.

Middle of the night, my phone rang, displaying some demands from a person I barely even consider as friend. At work, my phone beeps, some random people decided to spam the whatsapp group with false news.

My phone contains hundreds of contacts that I barely even contact. 

My whatsapp are filled with groups that I’ve turn on the mute function.

Phone, I thought was to connect people. 

But though we seem a click away from each other, we are further from each other than ever before.

An update from instagram, facebook or whatsapp status becomes our source of knowing if a person is doing well. A like or double tap on our phone’s screen became the replacement of our warm concern. 

Connection has become a tool of getting task done instead of getting connected.

I remember the days I wanted a mobile badly. 
I also remember the troubles I gone through to get my first smart phone. 
Now, I regret getting one and hate the fact that I have one.

Sometimes I imagine my live without a smart phone. People have to text me instead of just App me. 
They have no choice but to call me if I do not reply. 
Life might be better that way. 
They might feel is troublesome and find ways to get things done by themselves rather than bothering me.

 They might finally know that all I wanted is to be connected and not just be contacted.

I fancy the old days where mobile phone does not exist.

Maybe I’ve gotten poisoned by the Taiwanese drama I’m watching, but the idea of an old fashion date seems like a very good idea.

Don’t Skype me, don’t facebook message me, and don’t even try to APP me. Call me instead.


No comments :

Post a Comment