God's plan changed

Thursday, October 30, 2014


The other day my neighbor at work asked me this 
“What if a person said that God asked her to do A but she ended up doing B instead?”

I thought about it and I told her that is not our position to judge whether she should be doing A or B. 
Is also not our position to judge whether she is lying previously or she is not obeying God now.

I decided on something today and the story of Oyan’s friend encouraged me to take that step of faith.
But when I told her and she told me what her friend is doing right now, I was a bit taken away.
I asked myself, “what if that happens to me as well?”

Well, God being God is just so awesome!
He reminded me the story of Abraham.

Genesis 22:2
Then He said, “Take now your son, your only son Isaac, whom you love, and go to the “land of Moriah, and offer him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains of which I shall tell you.

The story continues.

Genesis 22: 12-13
And He said, “Do not lay your hand on the lad, or do anything to him; for now I know that you fear God, since you have not withheld your son, your only son, from Me.”
Then Abraham lifted his eyes and looked, and there behind him was a ram caught in a thicket by its horns. So Abraham went and took the ram, and offered it up for a burnt offering instead of his son.

God’s plan for Abraham “changed”.

I think if I were someone close to Abraham, I would think that this guy did not have the guts to do what God asked him to do and he sacrificed an animal instead.
But the reality is the opposite; he did exactly what God asked him to do.
And as he took the step of faith, God revealed His heart to Abraham.
Isn’t it a beautiful story?

Take my Thailand trip for example.
 At first I thought a lot of my friends are very supportive of my plan to Thailand, turned out they are just being “nice”. 
And when I had deeper conversation with them, I can tell they just think that I am naïve.
Some just think that I’m crazy, irrational and reckless.

Maybe I am. 
But I’m not.
Because my sole purpose is to do whatever He asked me to do.

It might turn out to be something different.
It might look like I'm wasting my time and money
But I know my God sees my heart and He knows my heart.

It wasn't meant to be about the end result;
but the journey that I am willing to take with God.

No comments :

Post a Comment