Inside out

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

The first time I heard about Pastor Bill Johnson was during my time in SOT.

Pastor Bill was one of the speaker that came and teach us and also he shared during a weekend service.

I remembered clearly that time that I find it very hard to understand what he was sharing and I didn’t catch whatever he was trying to impart to us.

But I think God is amazing.

After SOT, I’ve been through a period of time where He drew me closer and closer to Him.
That was the season of my life where I really build an intimate relationship with God.

And all of the sudden, my eyes sees and my ears began to hear.
I started to understand more of what Pastor Bill was sharing.
And it is AMAZING!

One of the item on my wish list is to be able to go to Redding, California to visit his church.
He told us that sometimes during worship, God’s cloud of Glory will appear.
I want to see that!!!!!!

But come to think of it, I want to see that in our church! XD

I got this volume and started reading it last year.
But for some unknown reasons, I didn’t continue it.
I restarted it just last week and I’ve completed the first book in this volume.


“Dreaming with God” by Bill Johnson

Trust me, it ain’t easy to choose what to share here.
Look at those tags!!!!
But I’ll try my best to share what impacted me the most.

God has made Himself vulnerable to the desires of His people. ~ p.g. 23

The world has longed for a message they could experience. Yet many believers have simply tried to make the good news more intellectually appealing. This must stop! The natural mind cannot receive the things of the Spirit of God (see 1 Cor. 2:14). The wisdom of God is foolishness to men. It’s time to be willing to appear foolish again, that we might provide the world with a message of power that delivers, transform and heals. This is true wisdom. It alone satisfies the cry of the human heart. ~ p.g. 49

When people pursue dreams but fail to see them fulfilled, they prepare the way for others who carry the same dream to eventually get the breakthrough that they were seeking. It is hard for many to take comfort in this though, but that’s because we usually think it’s all about us. There is no failure in faith. p.g. ~ 50

To have questions is healthy; to hold God hostage to those questions is not. It is sometimes creates an atmosphere that fulfils its own prophecy about the power of God not being for today. It shuts down the very anointing that would teach them otherwise. ~ p.g. 56

It is the mercy of God to withhold revelation from those who have no hunger for truth, because if they don't hunger for it, the chances are they won’t obey it when they hear it. Revelation always brings responsibility, and hunger is the thing that prepares our hearts to carry the weight of the responsibility. ~ p.g. 60

A yielded imagination becomes a sanctified imagination; and it’s the sanctified imagination that is positioned for visions and dreams. ~ p.g. 67

He is not on trial, we are. ~ p.g. 69

The spoken word is never to replace the written Word. The more of the written Word we have in our hearts, the greater the capacity we have to hear the spoken word, because He speaks to that which has been deposited in out hearts and calls it forth. ~ p.g. 73

Royalty is my identity. Servanthood is my assignment. Intimacy with God is my life source. So, before God, I’m an intimate. Before people, I’m a servant. Before power of hell, I’m a ruler, with no tolerance for their influence. Wisdom knows which role to fulfil at the proper time. ~ p.g. 88

The prophetic in its purest form is designed to find the gold in people’s lives and call it to the surface. ~ p.g. 89

Learning how to pray in the Spirit and soak in His presence will give great advantages to those wanting to invade this mountain (Entertainment). ~ p.g. 100

When God is number one, there is no number two. ~ p.g. 111

In the wake of our passion for God, passion for other things is created. ~ p.g. 112

His focus in revelation is our personal transformation. Revelation leads to a God encounter, and the encounter forever changes us. The encounters can be stunning experiences, or the simple moments of being immersed in His peace; but they are makers along the journey of, “Thy kingdom come…” Without the encounter, revelation makes us proud. ~ p.g. 130

The ability to carry more has to do with both character and faith. Character enables us to receive glorious promises of destiny without taking the glory to ourselves. And greater faith responds to the declarations with the great courage needed to fulfilment. ~ p.g. 135

He purpose to be regularly conscious of God’s nearness and lived from that mind-set. ~ p.g. 140

Kingdom principle functioned even before his conversion. Finding and applying principles is something even an unbeliever can do. ~ p.g. 141

Truth is multidimensional. Some truths are superior to others. Lesser truths are often foundation of greater truths. “I no longer call you servant, but friends.” Friendship with God is built on the foundation of first being a servant. Truth is progressive in nature - line upon line, precept on precept.~ p.g. 144

I must come to that which I understand with a childlike heart because what I know can keep me from what I need to know if I don't remain a novice. Becoming an expert in any area of Scripture is the very thing that often closes us off from learning the new things that God is opening up in His Word. Again, it’s the childlike heart that attracts revelation from God (see Matt.11:25). ~p.g. 147

True meditation feats on God’s Word. ~ p.g. 152

The Holy Spirit is imprisoned in the bodies of unbelieving believers. ~ p.g. 157

The declared word has the capacity to resource earth with heaven’s resources. ~ p.g. 157

Every time God speaks to us, there is a transfer of heavenly resources from His account into ours. ~ p.g. 158

When we encourage, it is more than a feel-good moment; it actually releases the labor of God. ~ p.g. 160

Our relationship with the Holy Spirit is foundational to the breakthrough that we all want to see. ~ p.g. 161

What is going on inside of us affects what goes on around us. ~ p.g. 161

It is important to note that a prosperous soul attracts the blessing of the Lord materially and financially. ~ p.g. 163

To put the richness of that gift into eternal future is to sell short the power of the Cross in the present. He gave us a gift beyond comprehension because we have an assignment beyond reason. Jesus gave us all things because we would need all things to fulfil our call. ~ p.g. 170

Our passion for Him and His promises speeds up the process of growth development, making us qualified for the stewardship of those events sooner than had been planned. ~ p.g. 172

No comments :

Post a Comment