Only believe

Monday, April 20, 2015

Smith Wigglesworth. 

The first time I heard of this name was during bible school.
One of the teacher shared a lot of stories about him that I couldn't resist to know more.

If my memory serves me correctly, he once got a person so convicted of their sins just by sitting next to them.
And He even bring his dead wife to life nota once but TWICE.
His wife did not stay alive because she told him to let her go back to God and then only his ministry will take off.
Smith Wigglesworth is a man of God that heals people by the power of God.

So when I found out that the bookstore have his books, I grab it before someone else did.

“Wigglesworth on the Anointing" is a compilation of the words he shared in different conference.


May God the Holy Spirit make me so unconscious of my condition the Spirit, so hungry, so thirsty, that I see everyone as having more than me. - p.g. 44

There is something wrong when you are the only one who is right. - p.g. 73

You began well; what has hindered you? (Galatians 5:7). Was it the Lord who came in the way? No, the Lord never stops your progress. It was some human thing. There was something glittered, but it was not pure gold. There was something that shook your confidence, but it was never God. - p.g. 78

Nothing will put law away except perfect love. There is no law to love. Love never had a law; it never felt it was making a sacrifice. If you ever talk about sacrifice, it shows you do not know what it is to love. - p.g. 81

We are to be more helpless, more dependent on God. - p.g. 88

One is that the devil doesn't let you forget your sins; the second is that you never forget them; and the third is that God has forgotten them. The question is whether we are going to believe God, the devil or ourselves. - p.g. 96

I believe that God wants us to know that our fruit has to remain. Beloved, we should recognise that our prayers are in vain unless we really expect what we ask to be granted to us. - p.g. 97

There is nothing is the world as lovely as the knowledge tat God reaches out, and tat those who seek Him, find Him - and He finds them. Remember, there are always two seekers. The moment you begin, you will find that God begins. ~ p.g. 101

The worst thing that can come to anyone, to a child of God, is to be self-satisfied with his present spiritual attainment. ~ p.g. 113

Enter into rest, get filled with the Holy Spirit, and unbelief will depart. Where people entered in, they were safe from unbelief, and unbelief is sin. It is the greatest sin, because it hinders you from all blessings. ~ p.g. 119

We should be so filled with the power of God that we should not know what it is to have a body -  that is, we should not be aware of our bodies through experiencing pain or sickness in them. ~ p.g. 126

When I think of the infinite wisdom of God in this measure, why did God not come to us and make Himself openly manifested to us? Why not? Because our finite beings could not stand His glory. You remember that as Saul went into Damascus, the light of the Son flashed brilliantly on the road, and those with him fell to the earth, and he was struck blind at the same time. We could not stand God’s glory, because we are only finite beings, but God did the very best for us. When He could not present Himself to us, He gave us His Word. ~ p.g. 128

And when I come to a place where I will not do anything for myself, then God will do something for me, and I will gladly do anything for Him that He may desire me to do. That is in the order of the baptism of the Spirit. It is when we cease to clothe ourselves that God clothes us; and it is the clothing with which He clothes us that covers all our nakedness. ~ p.g. 140

Will we stop short of what He says we ought to be will we cease to come into line with the Mind that is always thinking for our best; will we cease to humble ourselves before Him who took the way of the Cross for us; will we withhold ourselves from Him who could weep over the doomed city of Jerusalem, from the Lord Jesus Christ, who has “trodden the winepress alone” (Isaiah 63:3); will we cease to give Him our all? To what profit will it be if we hold back anything from Him who gives us a thousand times more than He ever asks from us? ~ p.g. 153

I have a Jesus like that, who can speak the word and the thing is done. I have a Jesus who indwells me and vitalises me with a faith that believed it is true. I have a Jesus within me who has never let me get fainthearted or weary. ~ p.g. 155

A man cannot make opportunity. He has to be ready. It is God who makes the opportunity. ~ p.g. 173

No comments :

Post a Comment