There must be more

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

“You’re still young. Go for it.”

“Let’s go Shu Qing! Take a month off and travel.”

“Just go. What are you waiting for?”

These are the few “encouragement” that I get in one day.

I think age is a very subjective matter.

I’m going to be 25 this year.
Looking at those 14, 17, 20 and even 24, I feel very old.
But to them who are 35, 30 and 28 I still got a few years to go.
And to my parents, I think I'm at the age where I should settle down. 
Maybe not start a family, but at least have a clear career path.

I’m born to travel.
That’s what I told my colleagues.
I pray to God that my future partner have to be one that willing (and able to afford) to travel with me.
If not willing to go, at least must be willing to pay for it and let me go!

I’m hunger for adventure.
My eyes burn with the green fire of jealousy when I heard someone traveled alone to a foreign country.
I want to do that too! But they always tell me this “you’re a girl, is dangerous for you to travel alone.”
Why?! Why am I a girl?!
Why?! Why the world is so unsafe for a girl?

Some people hate travelling alone. 
I don’t know why because I love it very much.
When I went Bangkok with Oyan last year, I spent a few days walking around the street of Bangkok alone.
I did the same when I was in Taiwan with the Boon’s family.
Sad to say this, but I think of all the country I’ve been to, the most dangerous country I felt is my own.

Thanks to my colleagues, my wanderlust is tickled and I’m hungry for more adventure.
I ask God "there must be more to life than this."
It seems very impossible for me to stay behind my work desk for another minute.

Is not that I never consider working abroad or take a few months off to travel and experience life.
But it seems like there’s so many things to be taken into considerate.

Like a bird bound by the chains on its leg, I must stay.
But the chains are imaginary, the door is wide open, should I fly? 

No comments :

Post a Comment