Merry Christmas 2016!

Monday, December 26, 2016


We were driving back from our annual Christmas Eve countdown service from my church. My sister was behind the wheels and my parents were sitting behind me talking about the Christmas Eve dinner we had at my uncle’s before service.

The roads were clear and there isn’t much traffic. As I gazed out the window, I couldn’t help but reflect on my life that seems to work itself backward.

At this time last year, I have a job in a bank preparing for nationwide Chinese New Year annual dinners. At this time last year, I do not need to worry about income and tighten my wallet on Christmas presents. Have a year passed and I’m now back to the beginning?

I was then reminded of a conversation that happened last year the day before Christmas Eve. My parents were planning where to go on Christmas Eve and my mom wanted to go to our church Christmas Eve countdown service. But I wasn’t interested at all. I told them to go ahead without me even though at the end, I went with them, unwillingly.

But this year, I was eager to go church. I want to celebrate Jesus and for all the things He did for me this year. I couldn't stop being grateful for the protection He had placed in my life. Who knows how different life would be if He didn't.

Ya, it does look like I didn’t advance at all on the surface. But my heart feels a little more secure as I’m back to His heart a little closer.


Merry Christmas every one! :)

No comments :

Post a Comment