The only day of the year that I'm not QUEEN

Thursday, December 19, 2013


After knowing her for almost 3 years, this is the first year that we have so called proper celebration for her birthday. Because of her enthusiasm and my mom's constant nagging to treat her better, I decided to do it BIG(ger) this year. So I decided to treat her seafood for dinner on her birthday and she choose to have it in Seremban.

Yup! We actually went done to Seremban just to have her birthday dinner! 
 

This girl was so excited about this trip even the day before her birthday. >< and I was like 
Can you chillax a bit?

So we drove down after work. Because her working hours ends later than mine, so she decided to take half day off so that we can leave straight after I finish work. But at the end, she went pump petrol and wash car which delayed the journey.

But the trip down to Seremban was smoother than expected. We expect to stuck on the road for hours, we even bought entertainment (my ukulele) but it was smooth journey all the way. Maybe she secretly prayed to God for a smooth journey so that she don't have to suffer from listening to my horrible singing. LOL.

*sorry no picture of us on the road. Busy catching up.*

So we ordered 3 dishes for this special occasion. 

Stir Fry Kangkung (RM 8)
 
If you wonder why we did not order Kangkung Belacan instead, this is why. The first/previous time I went, I went with my parents. And my mom ordered Stir Fry Kangkung because she don't usually order spicy food and it tasted GREAT! So I insisted to order this dish. Although the waiter keep saying Kangkung Belacan, and I keep correcting her and say Stir Fry KangKung! LOL!

And it tasted GOOOOOOD! Yums!
The best non-belacan Kangkung I ever have!

Coconut Soup (RM 7)
This soup taste like Chinese herbal soup with the extra sweetness from the coconut. Not my personal favorite, but Oyan say the more she drinks, the more she likes it! Be sure to taste it before it gets cold, sometimes when the crabs come, we forget about it and soup is best taste when is HOT!

Mamic (is this the correct spelling?) Crab (RM 88)
 
We ordered one big crab to share because with other dishes we are afraid that we couldn't finish. And I glad we did so, because we were sooooo full after clearing up all the dishes. 

The crab was partially too dry and partially yummy. For further explanation please see below. LOL

I think is because they grill the crab, that's why when the meat with thicker shell is nicely cooked, the other parts turn out too dry. But overall still very nice, cause the yummy part really tasted supper YUMMY!
 
Don't even need to put the sauce they gave us.

We then head back to my place and I have to drive because is her birthday, therefore she's the QUEEN. She enjoyed it so much she ask me if she become queen once a month. ><

Permission not granted! Because I AM THE QUEEN!
 
Oh! I even got a pressie on her birthday! *yeah*

Love,
Constance
 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment