You are me and more

Tuesday, July 26, 2016


Sometimes you need to get through your fear to see the beauty at the other side

You are me and more

If you ain't scared of a croc biting on your face, you ain't alive

You can't get rid of fear, it's like mother nature, you can't beat her or outrun her, but you can get through it, you can find out what you've made of.

---

The Good Dinosaur is a movie that I never thought will make me cry. And it did.

Arlo and Spot relationship is simple yet complex. 
Like any of our relationships.

They were each other's companion and comrade.
Though Spot indirectly caused the death of Arlo's dad.

At first, Arlo wants Spot to stay back with him because he got used to his companion.
But later, Arlo wanted Spot to leave because he wanted the best for Spot.
That selflessness that Arlo have for Spot is beautiful.

In the cause of helping Arlo to conquer his fear, Poppa Henry wanted Arlo to kill Spot.
Yet, it was Spot that helped and accompanied Arlo in the journey of overcoming his fear.
Poppa Henry started the journey with Arlo, but Spot was with him until the end.
The complexity of this relationship... is beautiful too.

---

I thought of drawing Arlo and Spot just for the fun of it since I have time to spare.

I started sketching and it turned out better than I expected.


I then struggled if I should color it because I was afraid by adding colors, I'll ruin the sketch.

But since the message from the movie that hit my heart was to be fearless, I decided to do it anyway.


And it turned out better than I expected as well.
I wanted to leave it as it is with the same reason of not wanting to ruin it.

Showed to my sister and she encouraged me to color the background. And I did.


And now it looks complete. :)

No comments :

Post a Comment