I might just resign out of shame

Monday, December 2, 2013


As usual, I was talking to God on my way to work. And I felt God was saying to me that today will be an "interesting" day at work. So I was like bring it on!

As long as I have God I have nothing to worry. And boy! What happened today is like the most embarrassing thing that could happen to me in my workplace!

I've officially become the laughingstock of my department. ><

So this is what happened.

I just came back from that Indian convenient store near my office with some choki-choki.

And I was happily eating it while minding my own business when one of my colleague ST (our office "skype") me and asked me about something. I wasn't sure about it so I stood up and asked another colleague sitting opposite me. And when we were talking, my phone rang, and the nightmare began.

Before I go on, I should clarify that my phone only rings for 2 reasons.
1) Public call into the office line and the whole office's phone will ring until the receptionist or someone else picks up the call.
2) There's a need for me to meet so the receptionist pass the call to me.

When that happened, it was ONLY MINE that was ringing. So I assumed the call is from the receptionist. And me being me, who likes to play a fool with the receptionist, I picked up the phone and straight away say "不得空啊!" (read: I'm busy a!). And to my horror, it wasn't the receptionist.

...
...
...

My heart sank like how the great ship of Titanic sank, but mine took place in a split second. And the worst part is I could only recognize the caller's voice after a while and is the other head of my department. 

I didn't wanted to explain at the first place, but after some thoughts I did explained to her and told her that I thought it was the receptionist. I think she thought I was serious and I didn't want to pick up calls, but the truth is I always do that with the receptionist before I answer the calls that she passes to me. It was purely a joke.

I told the receptionist that from now on I will answer my phone with a high-pitched friendly "HELLO!"

And they just can't stop laughing at me.

Man. 
I cannot express how embarrassed I felt.
I end up eating all my Choki-choki to make me feel better and calm.

There goes my reputation in the company I love.
Sob.

*After a few minutes of facing the wall and think about my mistakes*

I think is good that this happened, now everybody have something to laugh about me. And I've learned my lesson to be friendly until I figure out who is on the line! Haha!

I think God wants me to learn to watch my mouth.
Better learn it now before more chaos happens! LOL

What a day.

Love,
The ever friendly Constance

No comments :

Post a Comment