I LOVE dragonfly

Sunday, December 1, 2013


I'm on a roll!
Out of the sudden I have so much to share here!
Wee~~~~

So I finished reading a book call "Captivating" by John & Stasi Eldredge.
And I wanted to write a book review here. You know, something like the summary of the book.
But after giving in some thoughts, I scrap away that idea. 

Why?
Because I believe everyone will be impacted differently by the content of the book.
Just like the bible, it may appear to me in a way, but it may speaks to you in another way.
Since everyone is different and our lives experience is different, so the change we need is different too.

So what I'm going to do is this, instead of me summarizing the book, I shall put up some content of the book that impacted me a lot, that makes me goes WOW and couldn't shut my mouth. And then you decide for yourself if you want to read it or not. Fair enough right?

So here's goes
Captivating by John & Stasi Eldredge

3 things that tickles my mind the most;-

1. The curse of Adam and Eve
Why did God curse Eve with loneliness and heartache, an emptiness that nothing would be able to fill? Wasn't her life going to be hard enough out there in the world, banished from the Garden that was her true home, her only home, never able to return? It seems unkind. Cruel even.

He did it to save her. For as we all know personally, something in Eve's heart shifted at the Fall. Something sent its roots down deep into her soul - and ours- that mistrust of God's heart, that resolution to find life on our own terms. So God has to thwart her. In love, he has to block her attempts until, wounded and aching, she turns to him and him alone for her rescue.
 ~ Pg 97, Captivating by John & Stasi Eldredge


2. The intimate relationship with God
From potter and his clay to a shepherd and his sheep, there is a marked difference in intimacy, in the way they relate. It gets even better. From master and servant to father and child, there is a wonderful progression into greater intimacy. It grows more beautiful and rich when he calls us his friends. But what is most breathtaking is when God says he is our Lover (our Bridegroom, our Fiancé ), and we his bride. That is the pinnacle, the goal of our redemption (used in the last chapter of the Bible, when Christ returns for his bride) and the most intimate and romantic of all.
~ Pg 116, Captivating by John & Stasi Eldredge

3.The heart of God
You've probably heard that there is in every human heart a place that God alone can fill. (Lord knows we've tried to fill it with everything else, to our utter dismay.) But what the old poet was saying was that there is also in God's heart a place that you alone can fill. "It follows that there is also a chamber in God himself into which none can enter but the one, the individual." You. You are meant to fill a place in the heart of God no one and nothing else can fill. Whoa. He longs for you.
~ Pg 122, Captivating by John & Stasi Eldredge

When I think of the book, this image came to mind

Don't ask me why. Because if I could explain it in words, I would have. But I can't. So I drew this out.

So read it by yourself and feel the way I felt!

Just came back from a short weekend getaway to my friend's hometown.

Although is a quick 1 day 1 night trip, I slept a lot and it was a pretty good break for me!

Will share more soon!

Gonna hit the bed and sleep first, if not I cannot wake up for church tomorrow!

Love,
Constance


No comments :

Post a Comment