Obedience over sacrifice

Tuesday, January 27, 2015


Woohooooo!!!

Finally completed my first book for the year!!!

Ok. I lied.
This is actually my second book.
I completed another book during my Taiwan trip but I didn’t highlight the portions that spoke to me so I’m going to reread it!

Anyway, I’ve completed “Battlefield of the mind” by Joyce Mayer.


I think is a super timely book as God been speaking and dealing with me some of the areas mentioned in this book!

And the last chapter of this book talks about obedience, which was my “theme” last year!
Nothing really happens by coincidence! XD

So here is some points from the book that hit me.

You can’t overcome your situation by determination alone. You do need to be determined, but determined in the Holy Spirit, not in the effort of your own flesh. The Holy Spirit is your Helper – seek His help. ~p.g. 20

This avoidance of hope is a type of protection against being hurt. Disappointment hurts! So rather than be hurt again, many people simply refuse to hope or to believe that anything good will ever happen to them. This type of behavior sets up a negative lifestyle. ~ p.g. 37

Salvation is based solely on the bold of Jesus, His death on the cross and His resurrection. Many people will be in heaven because they truly accepted Jesus as their Savior, but many of these same people will never have walked in victory or enjoyed the good plan God had for their lives because they did not get their mind renewed according to His Word. ~ p.g. 60

You and I must grow to the place where we are satisfied to know the One Who knows, even if we ourselves do not know. ~p.g. 91

It is the privilege of every believer to refuse to worry or have anxiety. As believers, you and I can enter the rest of God and stay there. ~p.g. 104

We must realize that we have our own way of seeing things. We like to tell people what we think, and that is exactly the point – what I think may be right for me, but not necessarily right for you, and vice versa. ~ p.g. 125

Each of us belongs to God, and even if we have weaknesses, He is able to make us stand and to justify us. We answer to God, not to each other; therefore, we are not to judge one another in a critical way. ~ p.g. 127

He is always with us, but we need to think on Him and be aware of His presence. ~ p.g 159

Many people never see the answer to their prayers because they negate what they have asked for with their own thoughts and words before God ever gets a chance to work in their behalf. ~ p.g. 163

How can we be a blessing to the Lord? By letting His praise continually be in our thoughts and mouths. ~ p.g. 165

We need to hear what the Spirit says, not what the world says. Let God speak to you about your future - not everyone else. ~ p.g. 182

I will patiently suffer rather than fail to please God. ~p.g. 203

… Jesus said to Peter, “Don’t be concerned about what I choose to do with someone else – you follow Me!” ~ p.g. 260

Samuel’s answer to King Saul was that God desire obedience, not sacrifice. If we “think” too much, we can reason our way out of God’s will. ~ p.g.269

Toodles! :]

No comments :

Post a Comment