Constance with God #11: Vulnerability

Monday, June 15, 2015

2 weeks ago my mom was hospitalised. 
When my dad called and broke the news to me, I panicked though he told me that is nothing too serious.

I waited for my sister to come back before we went to the hospital together.
While waiting, I couldn't help but cry because I didn't know what was happening.
The feeling of uncertainty came back, like when I was 16.

When we visited my mom, I didn't say much.
I kept looking out of the window and I talked to God while my mom was resting on the hospital bed.

Me: God! Help me! I don’t want to cry!
God: Why?
Me: I don’t know! Because in Chinese culture crying is for the weak and vulnerable!
God: Yes. But great love flows from vulnerability.

WOW!

xxx

I reflected on this for a while and I think when Jesus came to earth for us, is God being vulnerable for us.
He was persecuted, shamed and rejected.

Yet is through this vulnerability that He shown, we are able to come back to God and experience His great love.

A lot of people that I know refuse or should I say afraid of getting in to a relationship because they are afraid of getting hurt.
But to express love, is to be vulnerable.
To give without expecting any back and risk to be taken advantage.

True and great love flows from vulnerability. 
That’s something to think about!

No comments :

Post a Comment