#PhilippinesMissionTrip

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Other than my mission trip to Surabaya during my school term in SOT, I’ve never been to any mission trip that is not lead by Shirley.
So this year, I decided to sign-up one with church and just go.

I have a confession.
I found out that Cindy will be leading the team and only realise that the other team members who are going are the other secretaries of the church.
These people are the ones who handle admin stuff and are very high C.
With my break-down last year triggered by administrative stuff, I was pretty scared to go with them.
But who knows it ended up to be one of the best mission trip that I’ve been to!
Unlike previous mission trips where most of us got to share testimony, offering or messages, this time around none of us got to all the above.
Cindy was in charge to share about our church administration and we were assigned to organise children program.

So the preparation I did for this mission trip was pretty different from the previous.
Instead of preparing all sort of messages, I prepared song chords and my ukulele.

At first, we did not plan to bring ukulele since Francis can play guitar, we leave it all to him.
But during our meeting before the trip, I just felt like I should bring ukulele and I did.
I almost wanted to not bring ukulele the day before we departed, but I glad I did because it was really a life saver!

I didn’t give much thought into this mission trip.
I was super chill and relax and just wanted to handle things at it is.
So whatever they wanted to do, I just go with it.
And whatever is needed at the moment, I just do it.

So at the end of the day, I did a lot of stuff that I never imagined myself doing.
I lead the children into singing and doing action for some children song.
I lead worship using ukulele in a girls home while the others ministered to the girls there.
I sang more than four songs using ukulele to some elderly and leaders while waiting for my other team members to come back.
I lead twenty to thirty of children who have no idea what I was doing in games.
All in all, I did whatever that was needed without planning much ahead and it was AWESOME!

I think because I didn’t set any expectation for this mission trip, that’s why whenever and whatever they asked from me I will just do it.
The fear that I used to have is no where to be found!
So free and liberating!
Totally enjoyed every moment of the mission trip!

One thing I regretted was I didn’t join the worship team during praise and worship. 
J handed me the mic but I told him no.
By the time my decision was shaken, he took away the mic already. Haha.
Maybe he was just joking when he said that.

Oh! I regretted I didn't join not because I think my singing is very good.
But because their worship was so good that day I think the experience of it will be AWESOME!
When I first heard them rehears from far, I already have goosebumps!
And when they started to play the FIRST song, I’m already tearing!!!!!!
The presence of God there is SUPERB!!!! 
Totally worth going there again! XD

Their hospitality was also super AWESOME!
J and LA were really very friendly and nice throughout the whole trip.
They provide us good food which I already miss and also bring us around.
The first few days were a bit quiet because we still don't know each other.
But at the end, we begin to grow closer and we were all joking around! #destiny
 
And one thing I’ve never expected to experience in this mission trip is the fellowship and relationship with my fellow mission mates.
As mentioned, when I found out is them, I freaked out a little.
I thought I will just be quiet all the time and just observe and listen to them.

But gosh! We had so much fun together!!!
Not only during our different sessions, but also the time that we just talk to each other!
We talked until 3:30 in the morning during our last night there!!!!
It’s amazing!!!!!
Thank God they can accept who I am as a person because sometimes I can be so weird! XD
#SheepWithoutWool
Didn’t regret going with them and thank God for having the chance to know them especially Cindy because she’s leaving KL soon.
But really, thank God for them.
Photo spamming time!
Below photos stolen from Francis

I also took this opportunity to play with my fake GoPro and here’s the video of our trip.

No comments :

Post a Comment