When 36 of us become Orang Asli

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Last Saturday was our CG retreat. 36 of us car pool down to this small town call Ipoh and turn the place upside down. Because there were so many of us, wherever we went instantly became the most popular place in Ipoh!

The uncle of the gerai along the road side selling coconut water definitely did not expect such revival at his stall when he woke up that morning. LOL.

I love the "Heong Beng" factory that we went. According to the SCS's (Sophia, Charis and Stephen) mom, this is one of the few left if not the only one that is still using the traditional way to make this Chinese traditional pastry.




The "oven" was super duper hot! I tried to put my hand in (without the fire burning of course) and it felt like my iPhone casing is going to melt! *True story* Suddenly felt respect towards the uncle. LOL




Fun fact: Do you know that instead of charcoal, they use coconut shell to heat the "oven"?



Because the weather were extremely hot. All of us went opposite to have a refreshing coconut drink. Imagine 30++ of us all gather under one small gerai under a big tree. To the boss, revival indeed had came. Because of us, there are even cars that stopped by just to buy whatever that we were having! Kesian the stall a bit further in front, they were few meters away from us, but they have ZERO crowd. >< 

The place we stayed was superbly nice! And I'm not lying nor am I advertising them for a fee. But it is really really nice! Check this out!













I love nature a lot! And since young I always dream of having a tree house so that I can hide from my sister! LOL. *my dream came true!* XD

And they literally have a tree in the middle of the room!


Is really a nice place to stay. But too bad I had to rush back to church the next morning so I didn't enjoy much of the facility. But I will definitely go back there again!

Oh! Why do I have to go back to church? To get my Preach It! medal! My first ever Emerge medal. *Super touched*


More to come!

Before I forget! Pastor was asking all the leaders to run for Neon run and I think I'm one of the few who did not sign up after that. Not that I don't want, but I'm concern about my back. Is been a while since I last ran.

So I consulted my doctor and I love what he said.

"We shall work towards that!"

When I heard that I was super duper motivated! The doctor make me feel so happy and not alone. LOL He really encourages me la!

So yeah, my virgin marathon run will be none other than CHCKL Neon Run 2013!!! *excited*

Love,
Constance

No comments :

Post a Comment