Life is life.

Friday, February 28, 2014

 
I stood up from my seat and looked across to where my Head of Department and my senior stood.
I listened to their conversation as what they were discussing have a direct impact towards me.
 
At that moment, I felt like an outsider watching all these that were happening.
 
I never imagined my life will turn out the way it is right now.
 
It was a very strange feeling that I yet to find words to describe.
Is not that I don't like my work or life, I just couldn't believe this is it.
 
Whatever dreams that I've talked about in the past.
Whatever "plans" that I had.
Whatever fantasies I had for the future back then.
Is all NOW.
 
*I think I'm blabbering, but Imma continue.*
 
I remember very clearly that a long time ago I said something like this.
 
"Why do we need to study hard? I might just get married after University. No point studying hard."
 
Unbelievable isn't it? I too find it hard to believe I once said such words.
 
Then when I get a little older, I said this.
 
"My future plan is to graduate, find a job and make my way up the corporate ladder. Then when I have a baby, I will resign or just work from home."
 
I too find this a little unbelievable.
 
This should not be a surprise but whatever that I said previously did not happen.
 
I didn't get married after I graduate from U. 
Duh~ I don't even have a boyfriend. *roll eyes*
 
And I'm definitely not climbing any corporate ladder.
I'm not even working in the corporate world. ><
 
Life took turns that I didn't see it coming.
And I never had any real PLANS.
 
I'm not like those who always wanted to be a doctor or lawyer and end up being a doctor or lawyer.
I just live life as life goes on.
And I am grateful for that.
 
Because no matter where I went, what steps that I've taken, it all leads me to where I am now.
I won't lie. I have regrets. Lots of them.
But I too have experience and encounters that I will never exchange for something else.
 
What if I have stayed in that company a little longer?
What if I have started doing that 7 years ago?
What if I did not fall into that trap?
What if...?
What if...?
What if...?
 
There's a million and one "what if" for my past but all that doesn't matter now.
Because they make no difference, they have no impact in my life.
 
I am living NOW towards the FUTURE.
 
So do I have a plan for my future?
 
If by "plan" you mean enjoying whatever that I'm doing right now and see how things unfold WITH a goal in mind, then yes.
 
But if you mean a plan like what to do, steps by steps on how to achieve that particular goal, then...
NO.
 
I don't want it to become something I HAVE to do, but I WANT to do.
 
If I HAVE to, then it will be a task.
Is no longer a dream or a passion.
 
 Life is not a list of "tasks" to complete.
 
Life is life.
Full of changes.
Full of surprises.
 

No comments :

Post a Comment