#RandomThingsThatHappenedInSingapore

Tuesday, August 5, 2014


#1 People that announce things on FB but never check FB

A dear friend of mine whom I shall not name here (but let's call him CJ) announced his engagement through social media but ironically, he didn't get himself updated through that very same platform.

My friend's father passed away in peace a few weeks ago.
My friend shared her dad's testimony on her Facebook and it encourages me a lot.
Uncle show me that God is always good and He is always in control.

Anyway, this is what happened.

CJ: So SJ, how's your dad?
*I gave a mean look to him*
Me: You don't know meh?!
CJ: What? I really don't know.
*Still staring at him*
CJ: Sorry...

#2 Missed the last train and took cab with "strangers"

After our Friday session with Pastor Kong, things went late as I was talking to my friend about something.

When I reach the MRT station, my face turned white because I missed the last train!!!

I was super nervous so I started to ask God for help.
I wanted to go to the other side, but I felt the urge to turn around.
And there I saw a group of Chinese discussing something.

So I took up the courage and ask them where they were staying.
Lo and behold, we stay near the same MRT station!
*Thank God!*

By the way, they came from China to attend the special gathering as well!
And coincidentally, they're friends and sister of one of my classmate!
We had a great talk in the cab and I was so encouraged by their testimonies!

God is so good!

#3 Thinking outside the box

When we attended SOT alumni, City Harvest Singapore gave most of the oversea homecoming students a big bag of materials which consists of books and CDs!

Super happy for their generosity but I had an issue. 

I travel light.

I only brought a backpack with me and a pouch.
I did not plan to check in any luggage when I return to Malaysia.

But with the extra blessings, I have no choice but to check in my fragile backpack.
Normal people will go to the airport and bubble wraps their fragile luggage.
But I'm not normal people; I'm kinna kedekut when it comes to things like this.

So, to protect my CDs from breaking from the throwing transferring of my backpack, I decided to pack smart!
I placed the CDs in the middle and put some t-shirts around it so it gives some protection.
And on top of that, I wrap my bag with the plastic food wrapper thingy.

Am I a genius or what?!



---


Click here to bring me closer to my dream!

No comments :

Post a Comment