A bus driver's story

Thursday, July 16, 2015


I wonder how many of us acted like that at some point of our lives.
I know am guilty of it as I have to take bus to work every single day.
I can’t help it but to feel a little impatient sometimes and wonder why the bus drivers just doesn't seem to care.

As mentioned earlier in my “what’s your story” post, we have to listen to the other side of the story before making any conclusion.
God gave me an opportunity to learn this again.

It was a very hot day and my training was ended later than expected.
When I arrived at the bus station, I missed 2 buses that could bring me back home.
So I waited faithfully while playing with my phone.

When I saw a bunch of people rushing to a bus like bee towards honey, I know that it was my lucky day.
I stood afar from the bus waiting for everyone to board it first.
You know, I got to act cool and not fight for it like anybody else.
By the time there were only 2 people queuing, the bus is already packed like a canned tuna fish.

Standing between 2 girls and a guy, I felt very uncomfortable.
It didn't help when the driver decided to MIA for a few minutes to buy drinks.
I thought to myself
“Is only 5 something, he can’t drink right? He can only Buka Puasa around 7! Hmmm… Weird.”

I got very irritated by the guy next to me because he kept moving around but I have no space to move.
I tried to use my brain power to make the driver drive faster but it didn't happen.
Then I over heard the conversation between the driver and another passenger.

“Some people they don’t understand. They think is ridiculous for us to rest for an hour sometimes. But they don't know that we can be caught in a jam and take up to 3 hours before we return back to the station. They should be more considerate. They only pay RM 1 for the ride and expect so much. If they really can’t wait, they should just take taxi and not complaint so much!”

I was shock and secretly feel ashamed of myself.
I was one of them!
To me, my schedule is the upmost important thing to follow.
I need to be home before 5, so that I can do this and that!
But wait a second, what makes my schedule more important than human rights?
What gives me the right to demand just because I gave RM 1 (actually I only pay 80 cents)?

Now I understand, he bought drinks because he already forces that he will be stuck in the jam until he Buka Puasa.
Never judge.
Never.

No comments :

Post a Comment