Let's talk about my JOB

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Started my new job about 2 months ago. Within this period of time, there's so much to learn and observe. I got to know more in details what is expected from me and I've learn to blend into this new working environment.
Here are the few things I like about my current job.
Location
My office is super duper near my house. Is around 5 minutes driving distance if I don't need to drop-off my sister. So I drive back to my house to have lunch every single day. Although some might say is a waste of petrol (and petrol price increased already), but is still cheaper than eating outside. My colleague did ask me to heat up my food in the office (yes! we can cook simple food in the office!) but I don't want to due to hygiene purposes.


If you know what I mean.

Working Hours
I work from 8:30 a.m. till 5:00 p.m. from Monday to Friday. Is shorter compared to my previous companies. And I seldom need to work over time and that's a big plus for me cause I still have time to jog, cook and rest before going to church meetings at 8.00 p.m.



  
Environment
I love the working environment here because is both relaxing and private. As an introvert, I need my own space from time to time. Sometimes I just want to hide in my own little world and be quiet with my thoughts. And I can do that here! No one will mind my business as long as I gets my job done!

Attire
I HATE wearing formal! I hate it so much until I refuse to get more of it even though I need to wear formal in my previous company. I only got more because my mom was nagging me about it. >< But now, I can wear t-shirts and jeans to work. I can put on my comfy puma and don't need to have those awkward moments where I need to change to heels when there's clients. XD

Culture
My past working experience are gained from corporate world. I hated it so much because to me, I felt meaningless. Some people find their fulfilment from working in the corporate world but I'm not one of them. So when I come to this company, I have a cultural shock! The company is so Christ cantered. We have devotion and prayer meeting every week! I love it so much!

Opportunities
My head of department gives me a lot of opportunities based on what she observed from me. Big yeah to that! Looking forward to it!

Although there's some bump along the way but I really like my job here.

Meaningful, flexible and comfortable.

Love,
Constance

No comments :

Post a Comment